Working from home? Our top 5 cybersecurity tips for 2021.
As working from home becoming the new normal, the distinctive lines between our personal and work digital footprint have blurred. This means we all need to be more aware of our own cybersecurity any time we are online.
It is not just the big organizations that take a hit-everyday - consumers experience ransomware attacks, phishing schemes, data breaches, identity theft and financial losses.
We have five tips here to make your information difficult for hackers to access:
1. Use different unique passwords for all important accounts. This way if a password list is stolen from one company, hackers cannot use the list to get into your account in another company.
2. Use two-factor authentication, especially on important accounts.
3. Ensure that the platforms you use have end-to-end encryption for your data.
4. Don’t give up your data to every site that asks for it. Many services do not need all your data.
5. Using a personal monitoring service that will alert you when your data has been hacked or when there are signs of identity theft to stay ahead of potentially complicated or costly problems.
Whilst the information above is primarily for individuals, it should equally apply to the measures businesses should adopt towards cybersecurity.
Resolution IT can help protect your business against cyberattacks. Click on the blue learn more button below.