More companies are considering extending work-from-home options as coronavirus cases continue to rise. It's not quite so easy to ask a colleague to show you how to do something on your computer. Our digital trainer, Tonia, is as passionate as ever about making sure people get the most out of the technology in front of them and has been sharing her 'top tips' in a series of posts on LinkedIn.
If you missed them, we're going to start sharing them here, starting off with her Teams Top Tips. At Resolution IT we use Microsoft Teams to make and receive calls, hold video meetings, chat, message, share documents and emails, collaborate on projects and so on.
This tip is particularly relevant given our current working from home situations. If you find the tip helpful, please feel free to download the rest of Tonia's Teams Top Tips at the end of this tip.
Working from home with Microsoft Teams
Now all our meetings are virtual and sometimes time consuming, it's important to know how to switch to another device if you need to. Have you ever been stuck on a Teams call and you haven't had time for a coffee or lunch or there's a socially distanced postman's knock at the door? No problem - switch to your mobile device and carry on with your conversation whilst you attend to something else.
This is how you do it and you can do it either way - from Teams desktop to mobile or from mobile to desktop.
- Make sure you are logged into Teams with the same account on both devices
- If you're in a Teams call on your desktop app>>launch the mobile app
- Select the Join button at the top of your screen
- Select Transfer to this device
- Select your video, mic and speaker settings and select Transfer now
- Your desktop app will notify you that the meeting has been transferred and you will be able to carry on the meeting from your mobile device
To transfer back again to the same meeting from your desktop app, complete the following:-
- From the Teams desktop app, go to your calendar and select the Join button for your meeting
- Select your video, mic and audio settings and select Join now
- Hang up the meeting from your mobile device
You can download the rest of Tonia's Teams Top Tips here.
We hope you find them useful.