Scott is the next member of our "Meet the Team" series. He recently joined Resolution IT as a Technical Consultant.
- What does your role involve?
As a technical consultant at Resolution IT, my responsibility includes looking after our clients' IT infrastructure, ensuring it is always up and running and as secure as possible. In addition, I advise clients on how to improve their current setup and complete projects such as new system installations, expansions, and migrations.
- What ‘at work’ app can you not live without?
Microsoft OneNote – I use this app to keep myself organized. I can store important information, guides, and ideas in the cloud, which is accessible from anywhere in the world. They can be accessed through their desktop app, mobile phone app, or even a web browser. Without OneNote, I'd be less productive, less organized, and more likely to lose information.
- What attracted you to Resolution IT?
One of the main things that attracted me to Resolution IT is the appreciation towards their staff members. You are not just a number on a seat, you are part of a team and that goes a long way! Resolution IT also has a friendly client base, which makes working here enjoyable.
- What advantages does embracing technology give businesses?
Certainly, the past few years have provided businesses with tools and technology to communicate, collaborate and become more efficient from anywhere in the world. This, in turn, saves time and money and ultimately makes them more agile and competitive.
- What three words would people use to describe you?
- Calm – I remain levelheaded in tough situations, which works well in the IT industry when an emergency arises.
- Spontaneous – I have learned within the last couple of years that I can adjust to any situation that is thrown at me. Being a spontaneous person, I’m never bored, never stressed out, always have a fresh mind and am always happy.
- Appreciative – I never take anything for granted, even the smallest of gestures will always be appreciated and I’ll be grateful for.