The method (used by hackers) of sending deceptive communications, that seem to be coming from a reputable source is called Phishing.
Dangers of phishing to individuals:
• Cyber criminals impersonating you and reaching out to family and friends, putting them at risk.
• Credit cards charged in a fraudulent manner
• Money stolen from bank accounts
• Personal social media accounts compromised and misused
Dangers of phishing at work:
• Critical data/files becoming inaccessible
• Money stolen from corporate accounts
• Personal data of employees and customers exposed
• Company’s reputation damaged, sometimes irreparably
To read the full article, visit our Google account here