5 reasons why backup and disaster recover procedures are important:
1. Human error- Accidentally deleting an important document or forgetting to save, may lead to significant losses for the organisation
2. Malicious attack- a virus or a cyber attack could bring your business to a halt. A disaster recovery plan helps your business to bounce back, by keeping your data safe and accessible.
3. Compliance and regulatory-audits are common in many industries and data retention policies are becoming standard procedure worldwide. Having a backup and recovery plan is necessary for compliance.
4. Natural disasters- these can be extreme, as the current global pandemic has shown. Having a regular backup plan and a procedure to recover in an alternate location immediately, that helps you to keep downtime to the minimum, is critical.
5. System failures- system crashes due to hardware or software failure are not uncommon. Having a cloud or off-site back-up will add an additional level of protection and help you to ward off potential data losses.
A disaster could strike any time. To protect your valuable data and key applications, you need to create a Backup and Disaster Recovery plan.
You can also find the same article in our Google Account here
Contact Resolution IT. Call Now